Thunder Cat Bengal’s Kitten Pricing
“SBT” Stud Book Tradition, this is 4 generation and beyond the Asian Leopard Cat
- Brown Spotted $2,800 – $4,500
- Snow/Mink: Start at $2,800 – $3,500
- Silver Kitten: Start at $2,800 – $3,500
- Retired Breeders: start at $1000 + – breeders come with all of their testing paperwork.
Kittens will sometimes be priced out of the given price range depending on quality of coat.
What goes into the pricing of our kittens:
- Testing of our breeder cats: We test our Breeders for HCM (heart valve testing) every 2 years, Felv (feline leukemia), Fiv (Feline Aids) & parasite testing. P/K deficiency (Erythrocyte Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency)
- Cat pens: These guys need lots of space to play. We have large enclosures inside and outside.
- We feed our cats high quality food: RAW (ground up whole chickens) & Royal Canin Dry Grain Free cat food. Litter, litter bins.
- Time and devotion to raising our breeders & time spent with the kittens socializing them.
- Initial start up costs. Breeders can cost up to $3,500 – $6,000. We have about 10 adults at any one time we use in our breeding programs. So you can imagine the costs are pretty high to get started and maintain. The we have to raise the breeders for a year before we are able to use them in our program.
- Cleaning Costs: cleaning rooms, carpet, floors and walls. Time to clean all areas and keep areas clean in order to prevent disease or sickness.
- The kittens and cats take up multiple rooms in our home. They live in multiple rooms with us and we have multiple kitten rooms. Kittens make a mess and we need cleanable and sterilized areas.
- Cleaning litter boxes, dumping and changing out litter for 10+ large litter boxes.
- Changing out cat towers, enlarging enclosures and cat toys.
- Breeder cats are raised 1-2 year before they are breed or produce kittens.
- Not all cats are meant to be breeders or some never produced kittens.
- This is a family hobby and my husband creates and builds all our enclosures, Adult children help clean and run the day to day cleaning, feedings and play.
It takes a lot of time and energy to run a clean and healthy environment for our fur babies.
Parents are tested frequently for Fiv, Felv.
The kittens come with TICA registration papers.
The homes our kittens go to are very important to me, I do not have questionnaires or make you go through multiple emails to find out pricing on our kittens. I like to get to know my customer through conversations and see if my babies will be a match with your family. ThunderCat Bengals customer and kittens are family. Everyone keeps in touch through facebook and I love to get updates on our kittens (my babies).
Will drive or fly the kitten for a fee
Transport from Dallas, TX & Denver, CO
**** NOW ABLE TO SHIP INTERNATIONAL ****
**** Prices vary depending on the country shipping to****
Deposit: $300 for a pet kitten and $500 for a breeder.
Deposits can be made using paypal. Please add 4% to deposit.
DEPOSITS / WAITING LIST / PAYMENT
If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, a deposit of $300.00 will hold your place in line on our waiting list. The waiting list is first come first serve. In other words, the higher up you are on the waiting list, the more you have to choose from. However, if several people are interested in a particular kitten, we will be requesting you to pick out “your” kitten, to be fair to the others on the list, by the time we feel that the kittens are physically distinguishable from one another. The $300 deposit is not refundable, but is applied towards the final cost of the kitten. Please note that if we do not receive a timely response from you as to your “pick” we will have to go to the person right after you on our waiting list. This is to be fair to them, as they are also anxiously waiting for their kitten!
Once you have chosen a kitten, we require a deposit of $300.00 for the kitten . The deposit is not refundable. But, if you see another available kitten that you like from that litter, or from a litter born within 14 days of that litter, you can transfer the deposit to that kitten, before the final balance is paid. Once the price for the kitten is set, we do not raise the price, even if the kitten turns out better than expected! We usually cannot price the kittens until they are 3-5 weeks old, since kittens change so much during that time!
*** IMPORTANT MAKE SURE THAT YOU LOOK INTO YOUR BREEDER AND MAKE SURE THEY SOCIALIZE YOUR BENGAL KITTEN, LAST THING YOU WANT IS A KITTEN/CAT THAT YOU CAN’T BE AFFECTIONATE WITH. ****
Good Quality Bengals are not inexpensive, you generally get what you pay for! It is true, you can find Bengal kittens priced lower, but in most cases, these will not have the bright colors and vivid markings that you see on Bengal’s pictured on websites and in magazines. There is a lot of expense involved in raising quality Bengal kittens, more than most people realize. Our Bengal kittens are individually evaluated and priced accordingly. Those that meet the Bengal standard have the best markings, pattern, coloration, conformation, temperament and personality. They are our top quality Bengal kittens and therefore are priced accordingly.